Disney Dreamlight Valley has been available for a few days in three paid editions on different platforms including the Nintendo Switch . It is, a priori, a new way of doing things: the game will be available for free inbut for all those who cannot wait, early access allows you to play it . In summary, you are paying to play a game that is not quite finished and when it is, will be free. Well, to be honest, the game will never really be finished since it is akin to a live service game, i.e. it is intended to constantly receive additional content (like Fortnite, for example.) If you are a fan of the Disney universe, and you are one of the first buyers of the game, know that it has just received its first big update which brings a lot of corrections. Find all the details below.
As a reminder, paid editions of Disney Dreamlight Valley are available from. The "free" edition will be available in
Happy Valley Villagers Patch Day!
We are barely a week after the launch of Early Access, and we are happy to share with you the first patch for Disney Dreamlight Valley . We've listened carefully to your feedback shared via social media, Discord, and via Customer Service, and we've addressed many known issues in this patch. Although the patch is being released to all players (please ensure you are connected to the internet to receive it), it may take up to 2 hours to receive it on your device. We recommend that you check back from time to time if you don't see it available yet.
For those who play on multiple devices with cross-save: make sure all platforms you play on have been updated before switching devices to avoid any further issues.
Please see the detailed list below of what to expect from today's patch:
Spawn rates and loot tables adjusted for glowing buried items:
- Increased respawn timer range.
- Reduced the minimum and maximum number of glowing buried objects to spawn at any given time per biome.
- Added Dream Shards to the reward loot table.
- Each Sparkling Buried Object has a chance to generate 1-2 Night Shards or 1-2 Dream Shards.
Adjusted loot tables for feeding creatures:
- Removed flowers from loot tables.
- Added dream shards to loot tables when feeding mobs something they "like". Previously, dream shards could only be obtained by feeding creatures something they "like".
Adjusted loot tables to eliminate Night Thorns:
- Reduced the chance of coal dropping.
- Increased Dream Shard drop chance.
- Fixed bug #7, which caused some players to experience an issue with the game staying on the loading screen if they quit the game while having the "Well Fed" buff active.
- Fixed an account desynchronization issue that occurred when selecting Back at the title screen on the Epic Games Store.
- Fixed an issue causing some users to get out of sync from their profile due to connection latency.
- Improved online reconnection while playing.
- Improved Founder's Pack rewards claiming accuracy, granting missing rewards. We will continue to monitor this issue and explore further bug fixes as needed. If you encountered this bug: completely close the game and restart it while connected to the internet, then check your inbox for a new message containing your missing items.
User interface and experience:
- Increased text font size on Switch.
- Increased menu loading speed.
- Reduced the frequency of crashes on Switch. Further optimization will come in future updates.
- Fixed an issue with quest items not appearing in Scrooge McDuck's store. If you encountered this bug: The item will not appear in Scrooge McDuck's store, but will appear in a random, unlocked location outside of the village as a save. If you have trouble finding the item, please do not hesitate to contact customer service.
- Fixed an issue with WALL·E's "Shy Little Robot" quest involving a fire extinguisher not working properly. If you encountered this bug: You can find a fire extinguisher waiting for you in the Scrooge McDuck store.
- Fixed an issue with a quest item from Donald Duck's "A House Fit for a Duck" quest spawning in an inaccessible part of his house.
- Fixed an issue with the "Grand Reopening of Scrooge McDuck" quest from Scrooge McDuck in which flowerpot crafting was not working properly. If you've encountered this bug: You can find additional flower pots just outside the Scrooge McDuck store. Delete them using furniture edit mode to create with them.
- Fixed an issue where quest items were stuck at the bottom of the mystical cave on the beach.
- Fixed an issue where Goofy's "Fishing Expedition" quest would not work properly if the player's inventory was full.
- Fixed an issue where a Memory Fragment appeared in an inaccessible part of Merlin's Dreamlight Library.
- Fixed an issue with Elsa's "What Home Feels Like" quest where it was possible to catch a Glitter Herring too early in the quest. If you encountered this bug: You can now catch another Glitter Herring. The other will be removed at the end of the quest.
Customization (House, Valley, Avatar) :
- Fixed an issue where chests placed in the player's house could disappear when adding new rooms. If you encountered this bug: add a new crafting chest to your house. Your items that disappeared will reappear here.
- Fixed an issue where players who imported clothes from the avatar creation tool could not change clothes or the clothes would appear invisible.
- Fixed an issue where some Star Path rewards could be acquired in areas of the game they weren't intended for.
- Fixed an issue with Ariel's Seafoam Dress (Friendship Reward), in which it was displayed as invisible.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not cook on the oven and hood offered by Remy (friendship reward).
- Fitted Miguel pattern.
A huge thank you to everyone for their patience while waiting for these fixes, and to those who are still waiting for more. Our team realizes that this patch doesn't fix every issue, but please know that we're actively listening and working to fix additional issues so everyone has the best gaming experience possible.
As always, sign up here to receive newsletter updates and be sure to follow us on our social media to stay up to date with every new update:
Is Disney Dreamlight Valley a good video game?
Yes Disney Dreamlight Valley is a great video game, we are proud to have given it a rating of 84%. Any good gamer must have played Disney Dreamlight Valley at least once in his life, we can even fully consider it as one of the best games of the genre! In short, it is a must and you must try it if you have the opportunity!
Can I play Disney Dreamlight Valley with my friends?
No, as far as we know, there is no multiplayer mode for Disney Dreamlight Valley, you'll have to lend the controller to each other and take turns playing! We hope that a multiplayer mode will be available thanks to a next update, a remake or even a sequel, who knows!
Is Disney Dreamlight Valley available on multiple platforms?
Yes, the game Disney Dreamlight Valley is developed to be compatible with PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Mac. It's quite handy to be able to play it on several different consoles, thanks to the Gameloft development studio!
Is Disney Dreamlight Valley a recent game?
Yes, Disney Dreamlight Valley is a recent game, it was launched in most regions on Sep 06th 2022, 1 year 29 days ago.
Disney Dreamlight Valley has been released on PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Mac.
Is there an official website for Disney Dreamlight Valley?
Yes Disney Dreamlight Valley has its own official website! You can find it by clicking here.
Is there a forum on the internet to discuss the game Disney Dreamlight Valley?
Yes there is a website where Disney Dreamlight Valley fans can meet to discuss and exchange content, tips and advice on the game. It's on the Reddit website and you can find this Subreddit by clicking here.
Is Disney Dreamlight Valley compatible with VR?
No, Disney Dreamlight Valley is not currently compatible with virtual reality, but we hope that one day it will be possible to play it with this new technology!
Does the game Disney Dreamlight Valley have other names around the world?
Yes, the game is also known by these names around the world:
ディズニー ドリームライトバレー (Japanese title - original)
디즈니 드림라이트 밸리 (Korean title)
What are similar games to Disney Dreamlight Valley?
Disney Dreamlight Valley is a game similar to Star Control: Origins, GreedFall, Immortal: Unchained, Dragon: Marked for Death, The Elder Scrolls VI, Eternity: The Last Unicorn, Warhammer: Chaosbane, The Elder Scrolls: Blades, Torchlight III and Hytale, if you liked Disney Dreamlight Valley, you will surely love this list of games we just mentioned! You can find our dedicated portals by clicking on the name of the games, and make your own opinion very quickly!