The Monster Hunter Rise team has been quiet lately, you could almost believe that there are big projects in the works secretly. While waiting to verify if these suspicions are true, the release of its big extension, entitled Sunbreak, is close. Originally scheduled for this summer on Nintendo Switch and PC Steam, Sunbreak is coming to our machines from June 30, 2022, all over the world .
New Sunbreak Monsters
- The newcomer to the Garangolm, a fanged wyvern, as well as a cousin of the Rajang. This fairly massive monster has the particularity of having one leg soaked in moss and water, the other in lava.
- A new subspecies of Bishaten makes its appearance, the orange Bishaten (like the agent). He throws explosive pine cones. Explosive monsters are all the rage in this Monster Hunter.
- One of the most popular 4 convicts also returns, the Astalos. This electric flying wyvern features a notable musical theme, as well as a boosted combat style.
- Already featured in a previous video, the Lunagaron is another fanged wyvern. This one inspired by the werewolf. She covers her body with ice like armor. And when enraged, it stands on its hind legs and uses its front legs to fight.
- Some new images of the expansion's iconic dragon, the Malzeno were also shown. The beast seems accompanied by some kind of red moths. He will definitely use it in battle.
New Region: The Citadel
At the moment, it looks like Sunbreak is only planning to introduce one region, but maybe Capcom is just keeping some surprises in store. This new area, named the Citadel, seems to take over the principle of the Glorious Fief of Monster Hunter World Iceborne in certain aspects. Apart from the ruins of a vast castle in the center of the map, it will also include various different biomes, with a lush forest, snow-capped mountains and a swamp. Hopefully the map will be significantly larger than previous ones to compensate. It should in any case allow any monsters in the game to appear on the spot, without this being inconsistent.
Expansion history and new base
The story begins when a Lunagaron appears in the Forgotten Temple map. A new character named Lady Fiorayne then appears. The screenplay does not seek complexity. As always, an anomaly in monster behavior alerted the guild and a neighboring country. He calls on Kamura's hunter to help him solve his problem. He then arrives at the scientific outpost of Elgado, which acts as a new base.
- Elgado includes new characters, as well as all the services you may need, be it the blacksmith, the canteen and others.
- With this new adventure, the Master Rank quests will be unlocked, the equivalent of the G-Rank of the old titles. This will give good reasons to face the known monsters, which will have more life, more damage, new attacks, and new pieces of equipment to forge.
- Speaking of gear, your furry friends are also entitled to new items, such as a Backpack Bowgun for the Chumsky, and a Hunting Horn for the Palico.
Sunbreak Version and Editions
- For players who already own Monster Hunter Rise, Sunbreak will be available for purchase as normal DLC. It might seem normal these days, but Monster Hunter expansions have long been sold as separate games.
- A Deluxe version of Sunbreak is also available, with many cosmetic elements, such as special armor, gestures, emotes, makeup and hairstyles.
- A bundle with the basic game and its extension will also be offered.
- Three new Amiibos are offered for the Switch version of the game, they will unlock special armor, as well as daily additional draws in the game's lottery.
- Pre-orders open this March 15, 2022, players who decide to take advantage of it will receive a special armor from Palico, and one from Chumsky at the exit.
Some news for the Monster Hunter Rise base game
- To begin your adventures in Sunbreak, you will need to have completed the end of the main story , that is to say, to have succeeded in the quest "Thunder Serpent Goddess" 7 stars, facing the Narwa , in Expert mode.
- In order to help players progress through the base game, items are going to be made available through the in-game postman. Defender weapons, 14 in number, one for each category, will give you a big boost initially, with their high damage and easy-to-unlock upgrades.
- A set of armor called Black Belt, will also be offered to players. It combines high defense and useful bonuses. Remember that the Guild Cross set is already available to all players, it helps to optimize their collection of items.
- New event quests will also continue to go live until March 25, providing tons of cosmetic items and making it easier to validate achievements . They also allow you to face formidable enemies in order to train for the Master rank.
- Finally, a 13GB patch is scheduled for June 30 , whether you purchased the expansion or not . This update includes weapon rebalancing, rewards, tickets to modify the appearance of its hunter, and the elements required to facilitate the implementation of the expansion. Allow space to install it, especially on Switch.
More monsters and new filopter fighting techniques should be revealed soon. It shouldn't take too long, since the release is just over three months away.
Is Monster Hunter Rise a good video game?
Yes Monster Hunter Rise is a great video game, we are proud to have given it a rating of 84%. Any good gamer must have played Monster Hunter Rise at least once in his life, we can even fully consider it as one of the best games of the genre! In short, it is a must and you must try it if you have the opportunity!
Can I play Monster Hunter Rise with my friends?
Yes, you can play Monster Hunter Rise multiplayer with your friends! So think about it the next time you have a party at home, it can be a great opportunity to have a great time with your friends and family, while determining who is the best at Monster Hunter Rise!
Is Monster Hunter Rise available on multiple platforms?
Yes, the game Monster Hunter Rise is developed to be compatible with PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. It's quite handy to be able to play it on several different consoles, thanks to the Capcom Development Division 2 development studio!
Is Monster Hunter Rise a recent game?
Yes, Monster Hunter Rise is a recent game, it was launched in most regions on Mar 26th 2021, 2 years 8 months 14 days ago.
Monster Hunter Rise has been released on PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Is there an official website for Monster Hunter Rise?
Yes Monster Hunter Rise has its own official website! You can find it by clicking here.
Is there a forum on the internet to discuss the game Monster Hunter Rise?
No, according to our information, Monster Hunter Rise does not yet have a forum or subreddit clearly identified to the community. However, it is possible that you can find one by searching on your favorite search engine, which we invite you to do! You can also look at social networks, indeed many groups exist for example on Facebook to allow communities to exchange between enthusiasts.
Is Monster Hunter Rise compatible with VR?
No, Monster Hunter Rise is not currently compatible with virtual reality, but we hope that one day it will be possible to play it with this new technology!
Does the game Monster Hunter Rise have other names around the world?
Yes, the game is also known by these names around the world:
魔物獵人：崛起 (Chinese title - traditional)
モンスターハンターライズ (Japanese title - original)
몬스터 헌터 라이즈 (Korean title)
What are similar games to Monster Hunter Rise?
Monster Hunter Rise is a game similar to Savage Lands, Shadows: Awakening, Immortal: Unchained, Dragon: Marked for Death, The Elder Scrolls VI, Eternity: The Last Unicorn, Warhammer: Chaosbane, The Elder Scrolls: Blades, Remnant: From the Ashes and Torchlight III, if you liked Monster Hunter Rise, you will surely love this list of games we just mentioned! You can find our dedicated portals by clicking on the name of the games, and make your own opinion very quickly!