Everything is not very intuitive in Elden Ring , the developers give you the freedom to miss important elements and make the wrong choices. If you're looking for some good advice on how to move in the right direction and progress quickly in the few hours you have, you've come to the right place, since we spent dozens of hours on the beta.
To begin with, even if you were lucky enough to receive an invitation from Bandai Namcom, you should not miss it. The first session is November 12, from 12 to 3 p.m.
Note: The beta is now over.
Which class to choose?
That's a tough question, and the answer depends on what you want to do in the beta. It is better to stick to one to explore a maximum of content, but testing them all for fun is also a good choice, they all have their merits. You can take a look at our classes overview for more information. However, we recommend 2 classes:
- The Enchanted Knight , who is by far the best equipped and can easily switch between melee and ranged combat with spells. It's the easy mode if you know what you're doing.
- The Blood Wolf is the brute with a big two-handed sword, he is easy to play at the start and against the first bosses, since his jumping and charging attacks will make your targets flinch, which will protect you from a counter attack, while inflicting heavy damage. It's a good choice for classic gameplay, close to that of Dark Souls.
Walkthrough: First Steps on the Elden Ring
It may be wise to set the in-game brightness to maximum so you can find your way around the cave initially.
Tutorial : It is easy to miss, locate a white message and jump into the void on the right, only a few meters after the starting point. Even if you know the Souls , it's a good way to learn about the peculiarities of Elden Ring, as well as the keys. There are some changes after all.
First point of grace : Whether you go through the tutorial or not, by activating the first point of grace, similar to the campfire of Dark Souls, we advise you to reassign the balance of your vials of tears. You have 4 in total, and they can be split between healing (red) and CP/mana (blue), if you are not playing a caster (enchanted knight, prophet, champion), it is better to pass all the vials in care.
Exiting the starting area, dash towards Grace Point, then follow the light towards the Ruined Church . A Rune can be picked up in front of the church, using it will give you 200 Runes for your purchases (the equivalent of souls). We do not recommend attacking the nearby mounted knight , your chances of victory are low. Interact with the Anvil and Grace, and talk to the Merchant. The best items to buy are the Lone Wolf Ashes, and possibly the Greatsword if you're looking for an effective weapon and youif you're not playing Blood Wolf, it's an excellent two-handed weapon. The torch can also help afterwards, in dark areas. The crafting kit and recipes aren't very useful initially, though they're clearly worth your attention later on.
Then follow the grace, towards the North-East, you will come across some soldiers. Avoid the ruins and go directly to rest at the grace in front of the large doors . This will bring up Melina, the person in charge of levels . As a bonus, she will give you the spectral horse. Consider equipping the horse whistle as a hotkey in the gear tab. It will be necessary to do the same for the Ashes of lone wolves and other invocations.
Once the area is cleared, it's time to turn around and go face your first boss if you haven't already, the Beastman . Watch out for all the wolves in the Grove of the grove leading to it. As a reward, you will win a talisman of endurance and above all a miraculous vial whose effects you can customize at a point of grace . By inserting the healing crystal of the ruins, and that of endurance, you get a great vial of additional healing that recharges with each rest! You are now ready to explore on your own, you have all the most important tools at your disposal.
If you follow the main road north, you will come to the castle and the end boss of the demo . But be careful, there are plenty of big deadly ambushes on the way, you can dodge some of them by taking another route. He is also particularly formidable, he should not be underestimated. It's best to explore the rest of the region to level up and get your hands on gear.
A few tips for coping
- Quite a few enemies and small bosses are vulnerable to heavy hits. Sprinting, jumping, and slamming with a two-handed weapon will startle them and give you time to finish them off. It works well on enemies with shields too.
- Summons are your friends on big fights and bosses, consider using them.
- Killing small groups of weak enemies allows you to recharge your vials, it avoids having to return to a grace point.
- Don't hesitate to flee on horseback if the going gets tough, you don't have to fight to the death.
- The most useful stat to level up is Stamina. Reaching 20 Stamina will give you a lot more life, which will prevent you from getting instantly killed on bosses.
- There is a shortcut on horseback to the northeast, with a spiritual jump to reach the castle without having to fight the big fight at the gate.
- Equipping a torch in the off-hand allows you to see clearly in dark areas, such as caves.
- Sneaking up on enemies to stab them in the back with R1 is the best approach, especially ones equipped with a trumpet, who will sound the alarm if they spot you.
- If you're having trouble dodging enemy or boss attacks, try blocking with a shield. The one from the Enchanted Knight is the best, but failing that, the one from the Blood Wolf and the leather shield sold by the church merchant can do the trick.
- Test the effects of Ashes of War on your weapon of choice by switching it to a grace point and then holding it with both hands. Some effects are really very powerful.
- Spells are your best weapons on horseback.
- Blocking and then pressing R2 will unleash a devastating counterattack.
Is Elden Ring a good video game?
Yes Elden Ring is a great video game, we are proud to have given it a rating of 96%. Any good gamer must have played Elden Ring at least once in his life, we can even fully consider it as one of the best games of the genre! In short, it is a must and you must try it if you have the opportunity!
Can I play Elden Ring with my friends?
Yes, you can play Elden Ring multiplayer (online) with your friends! So think about it the next time you have a party at home, it can be a great opportunity to have a great time with your friends and family, while determining who is the best at Elden Ring!
Is Elden Ring available on multiple platforms?
Yes, the game Elden Ring is developed to be compatible with PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. It's quite handy to be able to play it on several different consoles, thanks to the FromSoftware development studio!
Is Elden Ring a recent game?
Yes, Elden Ring is a recent game, it was launched in most regions on Feb 25th 2022, 1 year 7 months 6 days ago.
Elden Ring has been released on PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Is there an official website for Elden Ring?
Yes Elden Ring has its own official website! You can find it by clicking here.
Is there a forum on the internet to discuss the game Elden Ring?
Yes there is a website where Elden Ring fans can meet to discuss and exchange content, tips and advice on the game. It's on the Reddit website and you can find this Subreddit by clicking here.
Is Elden Ring compatible with VR?
No, Elden Ring is not currently compatible with virtual reality, but we hope that one day it will be possible to play it with this new technology!
Does the game Elden Ring have other names around the world?
Yes, the game is also known by these names around the world:
艾尔登法环 (Chinese title - simplified)
艾爾登法環 (Chinese title - traditional)
ELDEN RING デジタルデラックスエディション (Japanese title - original)
エルデンリング (Japanese title - translated)
엘든 링 (Korean title)
엘든 링 (Korean title - unofficial)
Great Rune (Other)
ELDEN RING (Stylized title)
What are similar games to Elden Ring?
Elden Ring is a game similar to Borderlands 3, Immortal: Unchained, Dragon: Marked for Death, The Elder Scrolls VI, Eternity: The Last Unicorn, Warhammer: Chaosbane, The Elder Scrolls: Blades, Torchlight III, Hytale and Pokémon Shield, if you liked Elden Ring, you will surely love this list of games we just mentioned! You can find our dedicated portals by clicking on the name of the games, and make your own opinion very quickly!